My daughter asked me to make her a checkbook cover so she didn’t have to use the ugly plastic one (gasp!) from the bank! It seemed a shame that someone like myself who can sew, had been using a plastic one too! (the horror)
They are quick and easy to put together and great little gifts. I thought you might enjoy a tutorial. So here you go…
BODY – Fabric A cut 2 – 7 1/4” x 7”
POCKETS – Fabric B cut 2 – 6 1/2” x 7”
Fusible Interfacing cut 1 – 6 3/4″ x 6 1/2”
1) Fold pocket fabric in half matching long ends.
2) Sew 1/8” along fold edge (for decorative purposes only).
3) Center and fuse interfacing to the wrong side of one fabric A piece.
4) Place pockets on ends of second fabric A piece (right side up) with folded edges in middle.
5) Pin pockets in place.
6) Place interfacing/fabric A unit from step 3 on top of pocket unit.
7) Pin layers in place.
8) With all layers together sew accurate 1/4” seam around edges, leaving generous opening to turn.
9) Turn right side out.
10) Sew 1/8” seam along outer edge, enclosing opening.