The One Sheep baby quilt is the featured quilt on the blog hop today! This is another favorite project of mine from the book. It’s just so cute and fun to make I can’t help but love it.
Plus, if you like to embellish like me you will enjoy adding some stitch work! As usual, I’ve used some heavy threads (like Aurifil 12 wt or pearl cotton) to add some fun X-stitches and running-stitching around the circles.
I think it’s important to add a little finishing hand work to my quilts – it just adds that little extra happy factor. I back-stitched around the eyes of the sheep.
And I also back-stitched around the wool text.
Let’s take a look at what the other quilters on the hop made!
Susan Pelland – Sue Pelland Designs
Sue is a good friend of mine, we met a few years ago when I joined our local quilt guild. She pretty much grew up in the quilt industry and specializes in rotary cut applique. She has some fabulous templates in her shop that can cut leaves, hearts and more in no time! Check out her schedule to see if she she has a lecture or workshop near you, or book her to visit your guild. Today, Sue has a blue One Sheep project to share!!
Deanne Eisenman – Snuggles Quilts
Deanne has a vast assortment of patterns from runners to quilts and projects for just about every holiday in the mix. If you like wool applique you might want to check out her pattern shop for some cute wool projects! Looking for a quest speaker or new workshop? Go check out her workshops and lectures list for 2019. Deanne is using wool for her One Sheep Quilt and she has a furry friend helping her!
Raewyn Barge – Stitching Farm Girl
Raewyn from Stitching Farm Girl is visiting us from New Zealand today- be sure to check out her post for a New Zealand/Australia give away! She shares some of her stitching patterns and techniques on her website plus you can check out her One Sheep Quilt here!
One of my good friends Grace also made the One Sheep Quilt for her grandaughter… it’s purple (my favorite color) and so sweet!!! I just love it.
And looks like her grandaughter loves it too! Talk about cuteness overload!
If you’d like to order a copy of Text It! from me you can find the listing in My Shop.
Already have the book? Thank you for supporting me and please consider leaving me a review on the Martingale site. (Big hugs to those of you that have already left me a review!)
And when you order the book during the hop you will receive a free PDF pattern for my zodiac pillows…
Final Giveaway Bundle…
When the hop is complete, there will be a Final Giveaway Bundle of prizes…
Comment each day of the hop for another chance to win the final giveaway!
Final Giveaway includes:
- Hard Copy of Text It! Quilts and Pillows with something to say
- 2 LARGE SPOOLS of AURIFIL THREAD (colors will vary)
- Sewing Room CLOCK of YOUR CHOICE – from my shop
- 100 Fusible (leave in) Hexis for Freedom quilt
- Pearl Cotton Bundle with package of needles
- Lite Steam-a-Seam 2 in Sheets & 1/4″ tape
- 1 pkg Warm & Natural batting
Pin and Share the photo at the bottom of this post to Pinterest and comment that you did.
Tell me where you’re visiting from.
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING, THE GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
Join in the Hop! Here is the lineup!!
- BEE HAPPY
- PAMELA JANE MORGAN –MYSWEETLITTLESTITCHES
- SHARON LILABELLE LANE – LILABELLELANECREATIONS
- INFINITY Quilt
- LAURA PILAND – SLICEOFPIQUILTS
- LEANNE PARSONS – DEVOTEDQUILTER
- KATIE MUTER STARCHER – KATIEMAEQUILTS
- PILLOW TALK
- KATE COLLERAN – SEAMSLIKEADREAM
- CHERYL DAINES BROWN – QUILTERCHIC
- DORIE HRUSKA – FOREVER-QUILTING
- FREEDOM Quilt
- JEN SHAFFER – PATTERNSBYJEN
- TARA MILLER – QUILTDISTRICT
- LYNN KANE – PUPPYGIRLDESIGNS
- LOVING YOU Wall Hanging
- ELLEN AULT –HANDMADE3D
- SHERRI NOEL – REBECCAMAEDESIGNS
- COUNTING SHEEP Baby Quilt
- DEANNE EISENMAN – SNUGGLESQUILTS
- RAEWYN BARGE – STITCHINGFARMGIRL
- SUSAN PELLAND – SUEPELLANDDESIGNS
- HOME PILLOW
- JOANNE HARRIS – QUILTSBYJOANNE
- PATTY DUDEK – ELMSTREETQUILTS
- ANDY KNOWLTON – ABRIGHTCORNER
- SANDRA STARLEY – UTAHQUILTAPPRAISER
- CINDY PIETERS – STITCHINATHOME
- LIFE IS SHORT Wall hanging
- BECCA FENSTERMAKER – PRETTYPINEY
- KATIE BOCK – SEWINGWITHKATIE
- ALLA BLANCA – RAINBOWSBUNNIESCUPCAKES
- HUSTLE PILLOW
- TERRI BANDEN BOSCH – MEANDERINGSALONGLIZARDCREEK
- WILLOW OLSON – BEARPAWDESIGNBLOG
- ERIN SAMPSON – AURIBUZZ
- SEWING MACHINE MAT
- LAUREN WRIGHT – MOLLYANDMAMA
- SANDRA HEALY – SANDRAHEALYDESIGNS
- CHERYL KRISEL LYNCH –CHERYLLYNCHQUILTS