I’ve been looking forward to sharing this project for some time… This is the Freedom Quilt, the fourth project in Text It and a quilt that is really special to me.
Designed and Pieced by Sherri Noel, Quilted by Dorie Hruska Forever-Quilting.com
At first glance this quilt might make you feel patriotic, maybe it represents a loved one who has protected our freedom… the definition reads:
the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
It can also have a meaning that is more personal – Maybe to you it represents a Freedom of expression, a Freedom from addiction, the Freedom to make choices, or the Freedom from fear ~
photo by Pamela Morgan ~ My Sweet Little Stitches
I’ve been using words in my quilts for some time and I find that it empowers me and lifts me up to focus on these words as I stitch. If you make this quilt you will understand the power in this word more than ever. That is my hope.
We have two quilters sharing their freedom quilts and I am sooooo excited about them!
Tara Miller – The Quilt District
Tara and I have become friends over social media during the planning of this hop. Sounds silly, but I think we bonded over this quilt… I was following her quilt journey on social media, and it was really fun for me to watch it come together. Follow her on instagram where she’s always posting fun sewing tips. Guilds take note – she also teaches workshops and shares her love of vintage quilts, check out this video on her Diamond Lane Workshop. And be sure to check out her Freedom Quilt… I am definitely going to need some of that fabric.
Freedom Quilt by Tara @ Quilt District
Jen Shaffer – Patterns by Jen
Jen shares her freedom quilt with us and her love of quilting through her blog Patterns by Jen. Her work can be seen in a handful of McCalls Quick Quilts and she caters to new quilters. Jen offers some fun quilt-a-longs, a 2019 Color Challenge, plus workshops and trunk shows with over 30 quilts to share! If you have a love for Moda, her quilt is full of patriotic fabrics from Stillwater and Primative gatherings. See what she’s creating over at Patterns by Jen and find her on instagram here.
Lynn Kane – Puppy Girl Designs
Make sure you visit Lynn at Puppy Girl Designs to check out her Freedom quilt and enter for a chance to win her giveaway. Lynn has some cute embroidery patterns and a list of workshops and lectures that she teaches. You can also find her on Facebook at PuppyGirlDesigns.
I hope you love this freedom quilt as much as I do – you can check out the other projects in the book hop below and you can order Text It! here in my shop
Already have the book? Thank you for supporting me and please consider leaving me a review on the Martingale site.
And when you order the book during the hop you will receive a free PDF pattern for my zodiac pillows…
Comment on today’s post and win any printed pattern of your choice from my shop!!
And, there will be also be a Final Giveaway Bundle of prizes…
Comment each day of the hop for another chance to win the final giveaway!
Final Giveaway includes:
- Hard Copy of Text It! Quilts and Pillows with something to say
- 2 LARGE SPOOLS of AURIFIL THREAD (colors will vary)
- Sewing Room CLOCK of YOUR CHOICE – from my shop
- 100 Fusible (leave in) Hexis for Freedom quilt
- Pearl Cotton Bundle with package of needles
- Lite Steam-a-Seam 2 in Sheets & 1/4″ tape
- 1 pkg Warm & Natural batting
Pin and Share the photo at the bottom of this post to Pinterest and comment that you did.
Tell me where you’re visiting from.
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING, THE GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
Join in the Hop! Here is the lineup!!
- BEE HAPPY
- PAMELA JANE MORGAN –MYSWEETLITTLESTITCHES
- SHARON LILABELLE LANE – LILABELLELANECREATIONS
- INFINITY Quilt
- LAURA PILAND – SLICEOFPIQUILTS
- LEANNE PARSONS – DEVOTEDQUILTER
- KATIE MUTER STARCHER – KATIEMAEQUILTS
- PILLOW TALK
- KATE COLLERAN – SEAMSLIKEADREAM
- CHERYL DAINES BROWN – QUILTERCHIC
- DORIE HRUSKA – FOREVER-QUILTING
- FREEDOM Quilt
- JEN SHAFFER – PATTERNSBYJEN
- TARA MILLER – QUILTDISTRICT
- LYNN KANE – PUPPYGIRLDESIGNS
- LOVING YOU Wall Hanging
- ELLEN AULT –HANDMADE3D
- SHERRI NOEL – REBECCAMAEDESIGNS
- COUNTING SHEEP Baby Quilt
- DEANNE EISENMAN – SNUGGLESQUILTS
- RAEWYN BARGE – STITCHINGFARMGIRL
- SUSAN PELLAND – SUEPELLANDDESIGNS
- HOME PILLOW
- JOANNE HARRIS – QUILTSBYJOANNE
- PATTY DUDEK – ELMSTREETQUILTS
- ANDY KNOWLTON – ABRIGHTCORNER
- SANDRA STARLEY – UTAHQUILTAPPRAISER
- CINDY PIETERS – STITCHINATHOME
- LIFE IS SHORT Wall hanging
- BECCA FENSTERMAKER – PRETTYPINEY
- KATIE BOCK – SEWINGWITHKATIE
- ALLA BLANCA – RAINBOWSBUNNIESCUPCAKES
- HUSTLE PILLOW
- TERRI BANDEN BOSCH – MEANDERINGSALONGLIZARDCREEK
- WILLOW OLSON – BEARPAWDESIGNBLOG
- ERIN SAMPSON – AURIBUZZ
- SEWING MACHINE MAT
- LAUREN WRIGHT – MOLLYANDMAMA
- SANDRA HEALY – SANDRAHEALYDESIGNS
- CHERYL KRISEL LYNCH –CHERYLLYNCHQUILTS
If you like this project, please pin and share!